Qualified as a barrister, Howard has almost 20 years’ experience advising on employment law. His clients range from owner-managed enterprises, professional practices, international businesses to individuals. He is registered with the Bar Council for public access work, so he can be instructed directly without a solicitor.
Howard is described by his clients as “what you want from an employment lawyer”. With his pragmatic approach he seeks to find commercial solutions for clients. He has gained extensive experience of all aspects of the employment relationship and so is able to give practical advice on the issues that may arise beyond employment law, such as data protection and the Bribery Act.
As well as representing clients in the employment tribunals and courts, he also provides training on current topics to help employers manage their workplace effectively.
• Advising on performance and disciplinary issues at work
• Boardroom disputes
• Discrimination in all aspects of the employment relationship from the recruitment process to retirement/ dismissal
• Advising on, negotiating and preparing post termination restrictions
• TUPE and other employment matters arising from business transfers
• Negotiating and advice on settlement agreements
• Handling dismissals fairly
• Contracts and handbooks
• Requirements for workplace consultation
• Trade union issues